Friday, May 13, 2005

Houston...We have a problem! ;-)

So, it's official, we're moving to Houston. Let the panic attacks begin!!! lol

I know that at the very heart of the matter, this is a good thing. Never again will we have to worry about Tony being sent to Iraq. That alone makes the move worth while.

But while we're getting to the heart of the matter, I'm FREAKING OUT!!!! lol

We have lived in this area for 10 years. The last time we made a major move, was when the Army sent us from Ft. Huachuca to Ft. Hood. That's here...10 YEARS AGO!!! We moved out here because the Army told us to. There was no choice in the matter. Now we have a choice, and we choose to move to Houston!

It's Houston for crying out loud! Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the city itself. In fact the Clear Lake area is BEAUTIFUL! But fear is what's keeping me up at night. We're settled here. The kids, well most of them, are doing really well in school. ;-) The two older girls are trying to make a go of junior high, and they're doing pretty good. Now to take away the security they've always known, is FREAKING ME OUT!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, they'll adjust, they'll be fine. We all will, I know this. But in the mean time, panic attack city. lol

So far we've accomplished some house hunting in Houston and yesterday we put our house here on the market. My house is on the FOR SALE market...MY HOUSE!!! For the love of Mike! I can feel my chest tighting! lol This was the very first house we bought, OUR first home. We choose the color of the carpet, and the ceramic tile for the floor, which kids would have what rooms. Now in a few weeks, someone else will be living here. Quite honestly, it breaks my heart.

BUT (Tony is so thankful there is a BUT, lol) it's HOUSTON! The city is so much bigger. The possibilities are endless. The Clear Lake are schools are supposed to be one of the best in the state. The boardwalk is great, I hear Houston has some great shopping outlets, and there's water everywhere and the kids love to fish (DO NOT bring up hurricane season. I'm currently ignoring that. LOL).

Plus we get a new house. Maybe the new one will be big enough and I can have an office/library. That'd be great. Tony said we could look into opening that bookstore I'vde always wanted. Now that's something worth looking forward to. Boeing has great benefits and a lot more growth opportunities for Tony.

So yes, I know all the positives for the move, but I'm still FREAKING OUT!!! lol

2 Comments:

At Saturday, May 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Jo said LOL.

We don't have hurricanes here *WEG*

Remember to breathe, and remind yourself "No more sandbox".

 
At Wednesday, February 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home